Blender Bites Superfood Crumble
Superfood Berry Filling:
- 3 Blender Bites Greens and Berries superfood pucks
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make the superfood berry filling: In a medium size sauce pan, add the superfood pucks and frozen blueberries. Cook on medium-low heat to break down the fruit, about 4-5 minutes. Mash the pucks and blueberries with a potato masher, leaving it as smooth or as lumpy as you like.
- Stir in the maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Taste and add more maple syrup or lemon juice as needed.
- Stir in the chia seeds and arrowroot starch. Cook for another 5 minutes on low heat to allow mixture to thicken up. If you want it thicker, stir in more chia seeds 1 teaspoon at a time (mixture will continue to thicken as it sits).
- Make the crumble: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oats, chopped almonds, almond flour, brown sugar, and salt. Add the melted butter and combine till the mixture is moistened throughout.
- In a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish, add the superfood filling. Top with the crumble, spreading it evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling around the edges and the top is golden brown. Let the berry crisp cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream!
Recipe by Bailey Campbell @basicswithbails