Your privacy is important to us. It is Blender Bites’ policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our website, https://blenderbites.com, and other sites we own and operate.
This policy is effective as of August 2023 and was last updated on August 2023.
Information We Collect
Information we collect includes both information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and promotions, and any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services.
We only collect and use your personal information when we have a legitimate reason for doing so. In which instance, we only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you.
The types of information we collect that identify you or relate to you as an individual (“Personal Information”) may include things such as the following:
- Name, email address, and phone number
when you supply this information voluntarily.
Other types of data will also be collected periodically such as:
- Device ID, including IP address, which are automatically collected and, while they don’t identify you as an individual, do identify a particular computer or mobile device.
- Geolocation, if you consent to this function.
- Type of browser and operating system, mobile application usage data, and aggregated information such as “click stream” information which means entry and exit points (including referring URLs or domains), traffic statistics, page views, and impressions, all of which are collected automatically.
- Device Information – Device type and operating-system identification.
Please be aware that while this information may not be personally identifying by itself, it may be possible to combine it with other data to personally identify individual persons.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect information from you when you do any of the following on our website:
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- Mention us on social media
- Sign up for our newsletter through MailChimp (if you consent to this function).
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- Processing and managing your use of our services
- Responding to your requests and inquiries
- Improving our site and services, including performing data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends, and operating and expanding our business activities
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business.
Please be aware that we may combine information we collect about you with general information or research data we receive from other trusted sources. We do not sell your personal information.
Security of Your Personal Information
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security. We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal, accounting, or reporting obligation or for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific, or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 13.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of our company
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, for example, IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, advertisers, or analytics platforms
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities
- our existing or potential agents or business partners
- sponsors or promoters of any competition, sweepstakes, or promotion we run
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you third parties to collect and process data
International Transfers of Personal Information
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
You always retain the right to withhold personal information from us, with the understanding that your experience of our website may be affected. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights over your personal information.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time.
We will provide you with the ability to unsubscribe from our email-database or opt out of communications. Please be aware we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our site. This helps us serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to This Policy
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, you may contact us using the following details: